Please tell me I'm not mad.
Bad lighting design is misogyny.
Yesterday, I thought I was getting myself a pair of white socks. They were baby blue when I came home.
Thanks Karstadt. Kanks.
musk, transphobia, buying twitter, timeline
Catch me if I'm wrong, but here's the timeline on Musk buying Twitter *plus* the transphobia stuff so far:
- Musk's kid comes out as trans to family it seems? (backporting that info)
- Musk complains: pronoun use is annoying
- Grimes tries to get a public apology
- Musk doesn't apologize, starts posting more stuff in that category
- Grimes starts dating *Chelsea Manning*
- Musk ups the amount of transphobic content
- Babylon bee kicked off Twitter for transphobic article, Musk says later this is what convinced him to buy Twitter
- Musk starts musing out loud on the internet that he should buy twitter for "free speech" reasons
- Musk buys a bunch more stake in Twitter, more or less makes a public offer on this over Twitter itself
- Twitter board initially pushes back on the idea
- Musk starts demeaning the board and high-level Twitter employees very publicly on Twitter while increasing his brag about how he can fix everything
- Twitter board reverses course: you know what, let's take all that money
- Musk formally makes the offer
- Musk talks more about how he's going to fix all the spam, bots, etc *while* also absolutely free speech, everything is allowed filter mechanism unclear
- Starts backpedaling: well, he can't buy it unless certain positions are upheld, starts complaining about fake users
- He already signed it though, poison pill clause means he may be on the hook to pay even if he tries to back out
- A lot more waffling on whether or not Twitter is being forthcoming about information not required ahead of time it seems?
And then in about one day:
- Outing (in a crappy article) about Musk's kid being trans
- Twitter signs deal to sell to Musk
- Musk lays off Tesla employees for vague reasons related to the economy
Did I get that timeline right?
bad floss opinion
documentation is absolutely undervalued and unappreciated by *nix users.
they love feeling like wizards who know all the arcana.
why else would they flock to a system as horribly documented at Linux?
if i want to know how something works, i read a Solaris or BSD man page.
if i want to feel stupid i can read a Linux man page. if i want to feel utterly frustrated i could try to read the GNU info page.
if i want to feel hopeless, i can read a venture capital funded corporate open source tool's documentation website.
Artificially blonde. Pink lipstick. Glitter. WordPress. Ruby. Backend babe.
LGBTQIA+ friendly community. Lots of retro games, bad movies. Keep it supportive, keep it kind.